Re: [Q] Is there a convention for the formatting of messages in this mai

From: Jonathan McHugh
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 03:03:39 +0000

Hi Rodrigo

September 25, 2021 1:34 AM, "Rodrigo Morales" <moralesrodrigo1100@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Let's suppose I want to create a thread in the mailing list that
> contains different sections, code blocks and some quotes. I used to use
> Org Mode for the format in my messages, but I just read a discussion
> where someone mentioned that getting the Org Mode and Org Babel syntax
> in the mailing list is annoying.
>
> Because of this, I had some questions
>
> 1. Is there some kind of convention for the formatting of the messages
> in this mailing list?

> 2. If that's not the case, which one should I use (Org Mode, the
> built-in ASCII exporter, Markdown, HTML)?

May I mention that the Gemini protocol has a very terse and minimal format,
GemText? Ive been content switching to it and I havent notice friction on Guix
mailinglist(s), where I and others have utilised it.
=> https://gemini.circumlunar.space/docs/gemtext.gmi

There are some orgmode importers and exporters floating around fyi.

Jonathan McHugh
indieterminacy@libre.brussels