Re: Switching to new Git repositories

From: No Wayman
Subject: Re: Switching to new Git repositories
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 17:17:48 -0400

Sounds like a weird issue. I don't think this 9.5-dev tag is something from the Org repo.

There is a bug in mk/targets.mk introduced by 61336f80dc.
As others have pointed out, the new repository does not have tags.
As a fallback, org.el's version is read in it's header.
However, it looks like Kyle forgot to trim that string so we get ORGVERSION set to "9.5-dev" instead of "9.5".
This causes `org-version' to return an incorrect version string.

The attached patch addresses the issue in the makefile.