Re: Switching to new Git repositories

From: William Denton
Subject: Re: Switching to new Git repositories
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 14:06:51 -0400 (EDT)

I'm seeing exactly the same, and the suggested rebase commands didn't change it.

I wonder if it's related to a problem I have on one of the two machines (both Ubuntu, with identical setups) where I run Org from source.

On one, when I switched to the new repo, I got this on startup:

Error (use-package): org/:catch: Invalid version syntax: ‘9.5-dev’

I can't see what causes that. I use use-package to set up Org in my init file¹ but it seems to be some internal problem, because I don't mention anything about versions.

What's more, on my other machine, where everything about Emacs is identical, it works without any problem (even though there are no tags).

Bill

¹ https://github.com/wdenton/.emacs.d/blob/master/init.org