Re: Org lint and named source blocks

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Org lint and named source blocks
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 21:18:55 +0800

Dominik Schrempf <dominik.schrempf@gmail.com> writes:

> Running =org-lint= on an Org file containing
>
> #+NAME:Hello
> #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :exports code
> #+END_SRC
>
> I get the following error:
> #+begin_quote
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (search-failed "^[ \11]*#\\+[A-Za-z]+: +Hello
> *$")
> #+end_quote

Confirmed.

This one is tricky. The linter (org-lint-duplicate-name) expects that
NAME keyword must have space before value. However, the actual Org
parser (org-element--collect-affiliated-keywords) does not care about
space. My intuition says that the parser behaviour is
unintentional. However, not requiring a whitespace may also be a valid
syntax.

Dear Orgers,

Should we allow syntax like #+KEYWORD:value to be correct or do we
require a whitespace/space after colon all the time?

Best,
Ihor