bug#50555: [BUG] Org Latex export doesn't handle src blocks correctly

From: Younes Ben El
Subject: bug#50555: [BUG] Org Latex export doesn't handle src blocks correctly
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 15:38:13 +0100

I Apologize for the previous mail, seems like it didn’t go through correctly . Actually it does compile and produces a pdf file , however there’s some issue with it as it doesn’t display the codeblock. if we set our emacs config to

(require 'ox-latex)
(setq org-latex-listings 'minted)

Then Set In Our org file

#+LATEX_CLASS: article
#+LATEX_CLASS_OPTIONS: [letterpaper]
#+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{minted}

and edit our org file and then compile it , it will not produce a codeblock. probably because of empty options [] like i tested , after we remove them it works. Digging little into the issue, if we specfied a pdf-export-commands , it will result into the expected exported pdf.

(with-eval-after-load 'ox-latex
  (add-to-list 'org-latex-packages-alist '("" "minted"))
  (setq org-latex-listings 'minted)
  (setq org-latex-pdf-process
        '("pdflatex -shell-escape -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o %f"
          "pdflatex -shell-escape -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o %f"
          "pdflatex -shell-escape -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o %f")))

Not sure why it needs these in order to export correctly. Here’s some screenshots of the issue,Exportedpdf,orgfile,exportedtex,RemovingBrackets