Re: Overlining troubles

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: Overlining troubles
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 19:50:31 +0700

On 18/09/2021 15:14, Ypo wrote:

I have tried many times in different ways to "overline" text. I am able to overline it on orgmode (I sacrificed the =verbatim= marker to achieve it), but it doesn't export overlined (nor HTML, nor LaTeX).

I tried in the past to add it to "Org Emphasis Alist" but it didn't work.

Is it possible to add overlining and to export it?

Just to avoid confusion, `org-emphasis-alist' is not designed to change or to *add* new markers:

https://orgmode.org/list/87blatodir.fsf@nicolasgoaziou.fr/ (Nicolas Goaziou, Mon, 05 Apr 2021 01:06:52 +0200, Re: Using backticks for the inline code delimeter?)

If you wish to export =verbatim= text as text with line above, perhaps, you can define custom "verbatim" export filter
"info (org) Advanced Export Configuration"
https://orgmode.org/manual/Advanced-Export-Configuration.html

A macro expanded with markup for particular backend (e.g. @@latex: ...@@) may be a better option
"info (org) Macro Replacement"
https://orgmode.org/manual/Macro-Replacement.html

Some people experimenting with custom link types with associated handlers for particular export backends: https://orgmode.org/list/87mtq9zatr.fsf@posteo.net/ (Juan Manuel MacĂ­as, Mon, 26 Jul 2021 09:25:04 +0000, Multilingual quotes inside paragraphs).

Unfortunately you described what you have tried in too general words to suggest something more specific.