Re: Publish error: wrong argument number

From: Colin Baxter
Subject: Re: Publish error: wrong argument number
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 07:01:33 +0100

Hello Tim,

    > Colin Baxter <m43cap@yandex.com> writes:

    >> > Hello, Today I get a "wrong-number-of-arguments" publish >
    >> error. This was not present a few weeks ago. It is also not >
    >> present in Org-version 9.4.4 but does occur in the latest version
    >> > of org-mode.
    >>
    >> > I'd appreciate some help in tracking down the error. My
    >> debugger > file is below.
    >>
    >> Odd - error vanished after a fresh git pull and make - very
    >> odd. 8-)

    > I was going to post to say that the error you saw is very common
    > type of error for when you have a 'mixed' install. Could it be
    > possible that you already had org loaded when you upgraded the org
    > package (which would result in a mixed install), but later when
    > you upgraded again, it was not and therefore gave you a clean
    > 'unmixed' install?

Yes, I think that is very likely. After pulling and compiling, I update
org-mode via "C-c C-x !" I do that all the time, but I don't think I'd
seen that error before. However, my emacs had been running for 3 or 4
weeks so perhaps things had gotten a little "confused" after that length
of time.

Thanks for the information.

Best wishes,