Re: Internal link broken when publishing (was org-id with ox-html)

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: Internal link broken when publishing (was org-id with ox-html)
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 23:33:43 +0700

As a kind of summary:

During publishing of a project
- "id:" links to headings from the same file are exported as short generated anchors like #org032777e or as anchors to custom ids when the latter are available - "Search heading" links to other files are exported as short generated anchors or as custom ids. - "id:" links to headings in external files are exported as ID value with "ID-" prefix. These links are *broken* currently.

Expected behavior is the same style of anchors for particular heading, e.g.
- value of custom_id property is used even for "id:" links
- either value of id property or short generated anchor is used for links to a heading having id property (maybe it should be possible to customize preferred style) but the same for search heading text fuzzy links and "id:" links, internal and external ones.

I do not mind to have both anchors with value of id and custom_id properties if they are defined for a header.

My opinion is that value of id property should be used for heading anchor when available to guarantee stable links from other sites. I admit that default behavior may be short (perhaps unstable) anchors.