behavior of (org-insert-heading-respect-content)

From: Victor A. Stoichita
Subject: behavior of (org-insert-heading-respect-content)
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2021 16:55:36 +0200

Hi,

I see the following behavior which seems erroneous to me :
- When I issue (org-insert-heading-respect-content) in a brand new org
  buffer, with point at point-min I get the error "Beginning of buffer"
  and no heading is inserted.
- If I write something on the 1st line, say "test", but no newline, and
  then issue (org-insert-heading-respect-content), the result is :
  "test  * " which is not a properly formatted heading
- Only if there is a newline before point does
  (org-insert-heading-respect-content) insert a proper heading.

Am I getting something wrong or is this a bug ?

Regards,
Victor