Merging latest org-mode for Emacs 28.1

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Merging latest org-mode for Emacs 28.1
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2021 02:45:17 +0200

[Cross-posted to orgmode-emacs and emacs-devel.  Please use "Reply to all".]

Hi org-mode,

As a heads up, Emacs is getting ready to cut the emacs-28 branch in
preparation of the upcoming release of Emacs 28.1:

    https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2021-07/msg00812.html

It would be good if we could merge the most recent stable Org-mode
version before the first Emacs 28.1 pretest release.  Could you please
start looking into what is needed to make this happen?

Please forgive me if this has been discussed already; I'm not actively
following the orgmode-emacs list.  I tried searching the archives but
couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance!