Re: [patch] priorities range reversed

From: Timothy
Subject: Re: [patch] priorities range reversed
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 23:14:51 +0800

Hi Joe,

Thanks for looking into this and figuring out a patch. I’ve just taken a peek at
your patches, and I have two minor comments:
⁃ Why use saved-position instead of save-excursion
⁃ I’m think ascii versions of ② et. al would be preferable

Also, I notice that your patches are just diffs and don’t have a commit message.
Are you planning on writing them later?

Joe Corneli via “General discussions about Org-mode.” <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
writes:

> Actually, there some bigger problems with the function as well…
>
> — It didn’t update the priority cookie properly when one had been set before
>
> * [#1] Exercise: update to [#2]
>
> — After fixing that, I noticed that the included save-excursion doesn’t work
>
> (<https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/7574/why-save-excursion-doesnt-save-point-position>)
>
> So, here’s a more comprehensive patch, including the previous changes
> (in order to support numeric priorities) and then adjusting the
> update/insert logic so that it makes more sense.

All the best,
Timothy