What happened to ./contrib?

From: Martin Steffen
Subject: What happened to ./contrib?
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2021 10:07:58 +0200

Hi,

I use org-mode, having cloned the git-version, pulling freshest versions
from time to time. Without a definite schedule when I do that I don't
know exactly when the change occured that I am asking here about.

Anyway, my  Org mode version is 9.4.6 (release_9.4.6-598-g604bfd @

Now: today I notices, some org-mode packages/files are missing. As said,
I don't know since when that was the case. In particular, emacs
initialization could no longer do

    (require 'ox-extra)

since the file is gone. I looked around that not just file is no longer
part of the clone, but the hole

     contrib/lisp

directory (which is where that one was located) is gone.

Is there a reason for that, resp. is the functionality of ox-extra been
moved somewhere else?

Note that the documentation

  https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/

(still) mentions currently a directory contrib, but in my latest pulled
version, it's gone (see also https://github.com/bzg/org-mode).

If course I can roll-back to an earlier revision or download one to get
back for instance ox-extra (which has a feature I rely on), but perhaps
there's something wrong.

Thanks, Martin