Re: S-M-{<UP>,<DOWN>} on CLOCK timestamp

From: Jorge P . de Morais Neto
Subject: Re: S-M-{<UP>,<DOWN>} on CLOCK timestamp
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 10:55:52 -0300

Hello Tim!

Em [2021-08-22 dom 11:21:47+1000], Tim Cross escreveu:

> I cannot reproduce this.
>
> When I do the same, I don't see any change in Task A's timestamp at all.
> There must be some other setting in play here which I don't have.

I am sorry, my description of the initial condition was incomplete.  To
reproduce the problem, you cannot simply copy the provided text to an
Org buffer.  You should create the clock timestamps with actual clocking
commands.  So please do the following:

1. In an Org buffer, create an outline containing ~Task A~ and ~Task B~:

   * Task A

   * Task B

2. Clock into Task A by moving point to it and typing C-c C-x C-i.
3. Clock into Task B by moving point to it and typing C-c C-x C-i.
4. Increase the minutes part of task B's clock-in timestamp via C-u 42
   S-<up>¹.  The ~42~ numeric prefix is just an example; please choose
   the numeric prefix argument so that:
   1. It is at least 5
   2. The resulting time in the timestamp is *not* a multiple of 5 min.
5. If the minutes part of task A's clock out time is not already a
   multiple of 5, then hit S-<up>¹ (no prefix argument) to make it so.
6. Now you can reproduce the problem.

¹ When you are about to type S-<up> to adjust the minutes part of a
clock timestamp, make sure point is in the minutes part you want to
adjust.  I usually place point right after the colon that separates HH
from MM.

Regards!

--
- Disinformation flourishes because many people care about injustice but
  very few check the facts.  Ask me about <https://stallmansupport.org>