Re: [wip-cite-new] Merging tomorrow?

From: Bruce D'Arcus
Subject: Re: [wip-cite-new] Merging tomorrow?
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2021 11:31:50 -0400

On Fri, Aug 20, 2021 at 11:21 AM John Kitchin <jkitchin@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:

> I think bibtex-completion is agnostic of ivy or helm, and doesn't require
> either of them to work. You can use it for candidates to selectrum if you
> want, and the other many features it offers for notes, pdf, etc...

Sorry; meant to send that off-list.

But yes, to clarify: bibtex-completion is independent of the frontend.

I was mostly removing my dependency on it to get some of the benefits
of the new parsebib release (namely CSL JSON support), and because I
had some ideas I wanted to explore.

But in any case, bibtex-completion provides no front-end; you still
need a completing-read function for that, and I think bibtex-actions
provides a good one. Also, you need to wrap it's functions to get
interactive commands.