Org + git branches for derived files

From: Ken Mankoff
Subject: Org + git branches for derived files
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2021 11:40:42 -0700

Hello,

I think this might be more of a git question than an Org question, but I
imagine I might find the answer here and that it might be useful to others, so
I ask here.

I'd like to keep derivative products (the LaTeX output, the final PDF, etc.)
available in Git, but not commit those changes each time I change the Org file.
Perhaps git-annex as appropriate for this, but seems over-kill.

Is there some way to mostly-seamlessly commit the LaTeX and/or PDF and/or other
files to their own git branches but in a way that overwrites the history of
that branch, so that a small Org file that generates a big binary PDF does not
pollute the git tree?

Thanks,

  -k.