Re: Bug: refreshing agenda moves all lines up [9.4.6 (9.4.6-12-gdcc3a8-e

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: Bug: refreshing agenda moves all lines up [9.4.6 (9.4.6-12-gdcc3a8-elpa @ /Users/pu/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20210802/)]
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2021 21:04:40 -0400

pat@disroot.org writes:

> Hello everybody,
>
> my first bug report so I hope this is useful.
>
> Since the last org-mode update, whenever I press "r" to refresh my customised
> agenda view (org-agenda-redo),
> the whole buffer moves up by 1 line, which hasn't been the case until now.

This was probably a bad interaction with `visual-line-mode', although
what exactly that means is not clear to me: see

https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/67999/refresh-org-agenda-org-agenda-redo-scrolls-buffer-by-1-line

for some more details.

--
Nick

"There are only two hard problems in computer science: cache
invalidation, naming things, and off-by-one errors." -Martin Fowler