Re: Org-cite follow function for ebib

From: Bruce D'Arcus
Subject: Re: Org-cite follow function for ebib
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2021 08:05:55 -0400

I don't have a super specific suggestion ATM, but will just make the
following observation:

John Kitchin and I have been working on respective processors, and
they are modular enough that:

1) one can mix-and-match across projects

2) one can customize within each follow processor; for org-ref-cite,
you can extend its hydra-based follow UI using hydra+, and for
bibtex-actions you can write and use your own keymap to tell embark
which commands to use for it's menu.

Upshot: a function that takes a key (or list of keys, as with
bibtex-completion, which is what I use behind-the-scenes) is the
starting point for a basic single action follow processor. But it
should be easily incorporated into more feature-full UIs.