Re: TMIO July Post: Introducing Citations

From: Colin Baxter
Subject: Re: TMIO July Post: Introducing Citations
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2021 08:54:14 +0100

Hello Timothy,

    > Hi Everyone, Just letting you know that on my blog TMIO (This
    > Month In Org) I've just published the July post. I've decided to
    > focus entirely on citations this time :)

    > Should this be of interest, here it is:
    > https://blog.tecosaur.com/tmio/2021-07-31-citations.html

Nice work. For me, however, I'm still at a loss, although I confess I've
not kept up to-date with the org citation developments.

1. I don't understand the relation between the new cite syntax and the old
org-mode [[ bib:key ]]. Perhaps there isn't one.

2. How is an =org-link-abbrev-alist= related to a global and/or local
#+bibliography:? Even if I remove reference to my =org-link-abbrev-alist=
the org-export (to pdf) still does not find a different local bibliography
file. (I have org-cite-global-bibliography set to nil.)

I think I need to read the manual!

Anyway, thanks to everyone for this new org citation.

Best wishes,

Colin.