Re: what would cause failure in template for org capture?

From: No Wayman
Subject: Re: what would cause failure in template for org capture?
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 12:37:48 -0400

Thanks for doing the bisect.
I was in the process of doing it myself and comparing disassembled byte-code when I saw the patch had been pushed. For anyone curious, this particular bug was a byte compilation error. When byte-compiled, org-capture-fill-template was attempting to compare strings via a jump-table-eq bytecode instruction instead of a jump-table-equal.

Resolved on Emacs master as of 949dd41c31dab69f7a5067bba324c28bb2cfbf8e