Re: [BUG] Citations in tables are not exported

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [BUG] Citations in tables are not exported
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2021 19:28:21 -0400

I also see this behavior. I think this should be considered a bug, it is
pretty common to see citations in a table cell.

Additionally, I cannot insert a citation in a caption that is above a
table (or a figure), I get
"user-error: Cannot insert a citation here". That should be considered a
bug in org-cite--allowed-p  I think. It fails because in the caption the
context is a table, and it has :post-affiliated item which causes
org-cite--allowed-p  to return nil.

If I put a citation in the caption anyway, it does seem to get exported
correctly.

I am not sure why the cites don't export inside the table cell though.

Thanks,

--
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F