oc-csl/citeproc: suffixes in cite links

From: Matt Price
Subject: oc-csl/citeproc: suffixes in cite links
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2021 16:40:10 -0400

(cc:ing Andras in case this issue maybe comes from citeproc)

I'm having some trouble with suffixes in cite: links when the oc-csl exporter is enabled, e.g. with something like this:

#+cite_export: csl "/home/matt/src/styles/apa.csl"

this cite:
[cite:@GentilcoreTastetomatoItaly2009 ch4]

is rendered as:

(ch Gentilcore, 2009, p. 4)

on export to HTML (in a document with no print_bibliography directive).

BY contrast, ob-basic gives:

(Gentilcore, David, 2009 ch4)

Is oc-csl doing some extra work to process suffix, or is this likely an issue with citeproc, or alternatively am I just not really understanding what ought to be happening?

Also, are other people seeing this same issue? I don't have a testing setup that would allow me to easily run emacs -Q (given how much has to be imported) so ... well, so, my apologies for not having done that.

THanks,

Matt