Re: [wip-cite-new] Quick note about citation insertion

From: Bruce D'Arcus
Subject: Re: [wip-cite-new] Quick note about citation insertion
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2021 09:19:39 -0400

On Thu, Jul 8, 2021 at 7:46 AM Nicolas Goaziou <mail@nicolasgoaziou.fr> wrote:

> In this situation, the function I want to encourage re-using is
> `org-cite-supported-styles'. `org-cite-basic--complete-style' is so
> trivial that I didn't bother exporting it.

Okay, I see now.

So `org-cite-supported-styles' returns what it sounds like; a list of styles.

((("author" "a")
  ("caps" "c"))
 (("noauthor" "na")
  ("bare" "b"))
 (("nocite" "n"))
 (("note" "ft")
  ("caps" "c")
  ("bare-caps" "bc"))
 (("numeric" "nb"))
 (("text" "t")
  ("caps" "c")
  ("bare-caps" "bc"))
 (("nil")
  ("caps" "c")
  ("bare-caps" "bc")
  ("bare" "b")))

 `org-cite-basic--complete-style' is "trivial" just in the sense it
only supports styles (not sub-styles), and one can imagine adding
annotations to make it easier for users to know what a given choice
will result in.

But that's not for you to worry about, or for oc-basic.

I'll think about it; not sure what the best path for a more
feature-full alternative would be ATM.

Bruce