Re: [WDYT] org-attach-sync better remove an empty attachment directory?

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: [WDYT] org-attach-sync better remove an empty attachment directory?
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2021 10:34:43 +1000

Marco Wahl <marcowahlsoft@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> org-attach-sync can be used to "Synchronize the current outline node
> with its attachments."  Which is great AFAICT.
>
> What do you think about letting org-attach-sync remove the attachment
> directory if it's empty?
>
> Rationale: Nobody needs an empty attachment directory.

This seems pretty reasonable to me provided it only removes an
attachments directly which was created by org-attach-sync. If the
directory existed or was created by something external, then removing it
probably should not be done.

Likely this is something which should be controllable via a custom
setting?

--
Tim Cross