Re: Emacs-orgmode Digest, Vol 185, Issue 7

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: Emacs-orgmode Digest, Vol 185, Issue 7
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2021 13:11:55 +0100

Hello,

some advice: in general, it is better to post separate messages for
different questions.  That allows those that have an interested in a
specific aspect of org/emacs to follow and interact.  It also helps to
have a subject line then that describes briefly the topic of the
question.

> - oh, wait. I have an old PC I don't use much (2008 AD -Core 2 Duo). I
> was thinking about using it just for orgmode. Would you recommend me
> an OS?

I run Emacs with org on a little palmtop (well, 2 of them) with Linux so
a Core 2 Duo from 2008 is more than enough if using Linux.  The key
constraint will be memory, with 1 GB being the minimum practical amount
these days in my experience although less can be okay if you're careful.

HTH,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50, Org release_9.4.6-577-gf76d4d
: Latest paper written in org: https://arxiv.org/abs/2106.05096