Re: [wip-cite-new] Quick note about citation insertion

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [wip-cite-new] Quick note about citation insertion
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2021 22:05:38 +0200

Hello,

"Bruce D'Arcus" <bdarcus@gmail.com> writes:

> Looking good Nicolas.
>
> Just one small thing.
>
> If I run on a citation, I get a list of styles, including "nil".
>
> If I select that, "nil" is added to the citation, so that the result
> is "[cite/nil:@key]".

That's expected. "nil" is the name of the processor's fall-back style,
ignoring any inheritance. It is different from the empty style (""),
which takes into account inheritance.

So, basically, in the following document:

  #+cite_export: biblatex whatever text
  [cite/nil:@doe21]
  [cite:@doe21]

the first citation will use \cite whereas the second one will use
\textcite.

Regards,
--
Nicolas Goaziou