Re: Bug: ODT export of Chinese text inserts spaces for line breaks

From: Maxim Nikulin
Subject: Re: Bug: ODT export of Chinese text inserts spaces for line breaks
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 19:22:21 +0700

On 29/06/2021 10:47, James Harkins wrote:
* Test
1本人不想亲自拿到学历学位证书、急于离校者,可书面委托他人代领学历学位证
书,29日起即可离校;2本人想亲自领取学历学位证书者,按学校规定的程序及有关
要求办理离校手续,领取相关证书后离校;

Exporting to ODT produces the following (body text, omitting titles,
headers and such).

1本人不想亲自拿到学历学位证书、急于离校者,可书面委托他人代领学历学位证 书,29日起即可离校;2本人想亲自领取学历学位证书者,按学校规定的程序及有关
要求办理离校手续,领取相关证书后离校;

Confirmed: newlines are copied to ODT document as is and they appear as spaces in libreoffice. I did not tried HTML since I am unsure if browsers should glue paragraphs with newlines into continuous string without spaces. Maybe it is necessary to add some attributes for proper representation (e.g. "lang"), however "#+LANGUAGE: cn" does not help even though libreoffice considers paragraph as Chinese.