Re: Export Org mode files to (gag, barf) MS Office?

From: Bruce D'Arcus
Subject: Re: Export Org mode files to (gag, barf) MS Office?
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2021 10:56:16 -0400

Oops; it does.

https://orgmode.org/manual/OpenDocument-Text-Export.html

On Sat, Jun 26, 2021, 10:54 AM Bruce D'Arcus <bdarcus@gmail.com> wrote:
MS Office supports OpenDocument, so that might be better path for org to support.

I've wondered myself why it doesn't already support it.

On Sat, Jun 26, 2021, 10:48 AM Brandon Taylor <donnie126_2002@hotmail.com> wrote:

I know we’re not supposed to really even TALK about proprietary software in FOSS communities like this one, but I can’t help but wonder if someone might consider making (an) Emacs plugin(s) that allow(s) a user to export Org mode files to Microsoft Office file formats such as .docx, .xlsx and the like? Or is/are there already (a) plugin(s) in the MELPA that can do this?

Brandon Taylor

Sent from Mail for Windows 10