Specifying shells for remote ob-shell sessions?

From: David Dynerman
Subject: Specifying shells for remote ob-shell sessions?
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2021 16:15:44 -0700

Dear Org Mode Friends,

I’m having some trouble getting the shell I want to run on remote hosts in
session ob-shell blocks - it seems that no matter what shell I specify, session
blocks will always run /bin/sh. I’m not sure if this is an org or tramp
configuration issue on my end, or a bug in org.

I’m pasting a snippet that reproduces the behavior in emacs -Q below. Does
anyone have an inkling if this is a bug, or, alternatively, suggestions for how
I can run remote ob-shell sessions with the shell of my choice?

Thank you,
David

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp

  (require 'ob-shell)

  (emacs-version)

#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
: GNU Emacs 27.2 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin17.7.0, Carbon Version 158 AppKit
1561.6)
:  of 2021-05-20

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp

  (org-version)

#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
: 9.4.4

#+BEGIN_SRC zsh :dir /ssh:remote-host:/home/ubuntu

    echo $0
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
: zsh

#+BEGIN_SRC zsh :dir /ssh:remote-host:/home/ubuntu :session foobar

echo $0
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
| $ /bin/sh |