Re: [SOLVED] (kinda) Calendar vs. org-agenda exit

From: Stephen Berman
Subject: Re: [SOLVED] (kinda) Calendar vs. org-agenda exit
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2021 14:44:04 +0200

On Thu, 24 Jun 2021 14:09:46 +0200 tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 24, 2021 at 12:13:40PM +0200, Stephen Berman wrote:
>> On Wed, 23 Jun 2021 18:16:52 +0200 tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
>>
>> > On Wed, Jun 23, 2021 at 05:28:36PM +0200, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
>> >
>> > [calendar insert-diary-entry doing funny things]
>> >
>> > OK, I solved it by setting `org-calendar-insert-diary-entry-key' to
>> > [106], which is a ?j. It was set to ?i, which hijacked calendar's
>> > original key map.
>> >
>> > Now I still don't know whether it's intended that Org hijacks that
>> > key in calendar, whether I did something stupid, but at least I have
>> > my toys back. Just remember to not push ?j.
>> >
>> > Anyway, you set me on the right track, so thanks for that!
>>
>> See also bug#48199 (also CC'd at
>> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2021-05/msg00582.html).
>> I continue to use the patch I posted there and have had no problems with
>> it (but I don't use org-mode much).
>
> Oh, I see, thanks. For me, it's a bit confusing that this bug receives
> so little attention. Hijacking other modes's keymaps isn't... friendly,
> after all. I can't imagine that it is happening by intention.

Yeah, the next time Org is merged to the Emacs master branch, forcing me
to first stash and then reapply my patch locally, I'll ask if anyone
objects to the patch being committed to master.  Maybe that will get
someone's attention (and if not, I may just go ahead and commit it -- if
it then still gets no one's attention, it must be ok ;-).

Steve Berman