getting "before first headline at position xxx in buffer *Org Note*" whe

From: Dave D
Subject: getting "before first headline at position xxx in buffer *Org Note*" when clocking out
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2021 13:27:21 +1000

Hi all,

I recently started getting the message "before first headline at position xxx in buffer *Org Note*" when clocking out items.

After much frustration and testing I've summarized these steps to reproduce the issue.

1. Download https://orgmode.org/org-9.4.6.tar.gz and extract to ~/org-9.4.6
2. Start emacs with emacs -Q
    I've tried both 27 and 28, 28 has native comp. same result.
3. evaluate (add-to-list 'load-path "~/org-9.4.6/lisp")
4. create a new org file, create a heading and clock in
5. evaluate (setq org-log-note-clock-out t)
6. clock out.

I think there is a good chance another person can reproduce the issue too with the steps above.
Would anybody be kind enough to try to reproduce the issue?

Many thanks
Dave