Re: Large source block causes org-mode to be unusable

From: Maxim Nikulin
Subject: Re: Large source block causes org-mode to be unusable
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2021 23:40:31 +0700

On 22/06/2021 19:32, Léo Ackermann wrote:

I suggest that special block in LateX export (https://orgmode.org/manual/Special-blocks-in-LaTeX-export.html) may be treated differently.

Generally I agree with you that #+begin_proof should be a thin wrapper unlike a source code block. However I am not familiar with fontification, so I can not reason if it is feasible. Maybe the code is watching if something like #+end_proof appeared, so block finished.

On the other hand my impression was that \begin{proof} environment is intended to emphasize a paragraph or two to separate it from regular text on the same page. My expectation is that 4-page long proof should be formatted as ordinary sections and subsections.

If proof environment is still required, maybe it is possible to customize export backend to have proofs as a headings with some property in the source document. E.g. beamer backend converts headings to frames. I have never tried such tricks, so I am unaware how much work is required for such approach.