Re: An attempt to convert Elfeed entries (with parameters) to Org trees

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: An attempt to convert Elfeed entries (with parameters) to Org trees
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2021 22:56:03 +0800

Juan Manuel Macías <maciaschain@posteo.net> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I like to keep up to date with new LaTeX packages that are being
> uploaded to CTAN and I'm subscribed to the CTAN news feed. I always use
> Elfeed to check my subscriptions, but it occurred to me to write a
> function (with org-map-entries) to be able to pass Elfeed entries (with
> certain parameters) to Org trees.
> If anyone wants to try it, I attach an Org document with the code, which
> is very preliminary, not too fancy and quite improvable. Feedback
> welcome! :-)

What about duplicates? If you insert all the feeds from the last few
months and then update the same headline weeks later, there will overlap
between elfeed entries.

Also, there is built-in org-feed.el.

Finally, I personally save feed entries selectively using
org-capture-ref [1].

[1] https://github.com/yantar92/org-capture-ref

Best,
Ihor