Re: Failure to resolve internal links on ox-html export?

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: Failure to resolve internal links on ox-html export?
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 08:18:13 +1000

Tim Visher <tim.visher@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Juan Manuel,
>
> On Fri, Jun 11, 2021 at 2:31 PM Juan Manuel Macías <maciaschain@posteo.net>
> wrote:
>
>  Try setting this variable to non-nil:
>
>  (setq org-export-with-broken-links t)
>
> Thanks for the tip here! This is definitely close to what I want. I think I'm
> going to need to code up something additional though in that none of the
> default options (mark or ignore) are really the behavior that I want.
>
> - mark: I don't like the way the text comes out here. I don't want to have
> BROKEN LINK in the exported text at all.
> - ignore: I don't like how the text of the link simply disappears in this
> case.
>
> What I really want is something that keeps the link text but drops the link,
> essentially converting it into plain text (or stylized text if the link text
> is in
> markup).
>
> I'll have to play around with how to do that.

Although I've never used them, I think export filters sound like they
might be what you want. Have a look at the Advanced Export configuration
section of the manual and how to define export filters. You should be
able to define an org-export-filter-link-function that will tranform
links into just the title text from the original link.

--
Tim Cross