Re: [BUG] org babel fails with matlab+python kernel on MacOS-10.15 [9.4.

From: Jack Kamm
Subject: Re: [BUG] org babel fails with matlab+python kernel on MacOS-10.15 [9.4.6 (release_9.4.6-541-g52b097 @ /Users/oub/emacs/site-lisp/packages/org/)]
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2021 06:01:12 -0700

Hello Uwe,

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> (defalias 'org-babel-execute:matlab 'org-babel-execute:ipython)

ob-ipython is not part of org-mode core, so I don't think this can be
considered a bug here.

While the original ob-ipython is unmaintained, scimax [1] maintains a
fork of it, so you could consider seeking help there.

Also, it looks like you're trying to use org-mode with a jupyter matlab
kernel, so you may also consider ob-jupyter from the emacs-jupyter [2]
project. I have had good success using it to run jupyter kernels from
various languages before.

Also, I would suggest verifying that the jupyter matlab kernel works
outside of Emacs/org-mode, to isolate where the problem is.

> |   ob-ipython--dump-error("Traceback (most recent call last):\n  File
> \"/Users/...")

This line seems to be the critical one in the error output. If you can
expand out the full error message, it may elucidate what the problem is.

[1] https://github.com/jkitchin/scimax
[2] https://github.com/nnicandro/emacs-jupyter