Re: [org-cite, oc-basic] configurable open-at-point, font-locking when j

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [org-cite, oc-basic] configurable open-at-point, font-locking when json?
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2021 11:33:15 +0200

Hello,

"Bruce D'Arcus" <bdarcus@gmail.com> writes:

> So would it be so simple as doing something like this, to use the
> bibtex-completion-open function instead?
>
> (org-cite-register-processor 'basic
>   :follow #'bibtex-completion-open)
>
> As in, that just tells what function to use for at-point?
>
> If yes, that definitely works!

It does, but you're overriding `basic' processor. You could as well
define your own processor

  (org-cite-register-processor 'bibtex
    :follow #'bibtex-completion-open)

and use it with

  (setq org-cite-follow-processor 'bibtex)

> I've been a bit slow wrapping my head around the difference between
> follow and activate, but I think it's starting to become more clear.

Follow is what happens when you use C-o on a citation. Activate is run
in the background during font-lock.

Regards,
--
Nicolas Goaziou