Re: [org-cite, oc-basic] configurable open-at-point, font-locking when j

From: Bruce D'Arcus
Subject: Re: [org-cite, oc-basic] configurable open-at-point, font-locking when json?
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2021 17:27:23 -0400

On Mon, Jun 7, 2021 at 5:14 PM Nicolas Goaziou <mail@nicolasgoaziou.fr> wrote:

> ... would be great do something
> > like:
> >
> > (setq org-cite-basic-open bibtex-completion-open-pdf)
>
> If you want to use a different "follow" capability, you need to provide
> a different processor instead of configuring this one.

OIC.

So would it be so simple as doing something like this, to use the
bibtex-completion-open function instead?

(org-cite-register-processor 'basic
  :follow #'bibtex-completion-open)

As in, that just tells what function to use for at-point?

If yes, that definitely works!

I've been a bit slow wrapping my head around the difference between
follow and activate, but I think it's starting to become more clear.

> > Second, I completely lose font-locking when using json files. I know
> > you have plans, Nicolas, to add json support, but even without that,
> > shouldn't the citation be highlighted?
>
> Could you provide an example?

I'm sorry; you're going to kill me.

In trying to reproduce it just now, I can't.

So I guess you can ignore this too.

Bruce