Re: Cannot schedule something for 2039?

From: Richard Lawrence
Subject: Re: Cannot schedule something for 2039?
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2021 11:17:04 +0200

Hi Alan,

alan.schmitt@polytechnique.org writes:

> I need to schedule something for 2039, but when I do it the date is set
> for 2037. I tried with a plain emacs config and I see the same issue. Is
> this a bug?

whoa, that's a weird behavior, but it seems not to be a bug. I learned
something today!

It looks like some Emacs implementations don't support dates after
2038-1-1, so Org doesn't let you specify them by default. See the
variable `org-read-date-force-compatible-dates'. I think you want to set
this variable to nil.

--
Best,
Richard