Re: [org-cite, oc-csl] print_bibliography options

From: Bruce D'Arcus
Subject: Re: [org-cite, oc-csl] print_bibliography options
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 17:54:49 -0400

On Mon, May 31, 2021 at 2:11 PM András Simonyi <andras.simonyi@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I think a useful default/baseline for handling the occurrence of
> multiple #+print_bibliography keywords  would be to implement the
> "chapter use case", which, for each #+print_bibliography, would
> collect only the citations occurring after to previous
> #+print_bibliography (if there is one) and before the current one, and
> print out an independent bibliography corresponding to the citations.
> All citations in this section would refer to this bibliography, and
> would be disambiguated accordingly.

This would have two advantages:

1) add support for the "per section/chapter" use case András notes to oc-csl
2) avoid duplicate bibliographies in the example I raised; what we
might call "multi-section bibliography" use case; then if and when
citeproc-el adds support this, the documents would be gracefully
enhanced

Bruce