Re: source blocks mangled when edited

From: Sébastien Miquel
Subject: Re: source blocks mangled when edited
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 09:42:08 +0000

Michael Gauland writes:
I didn't instrument the functions, but found that there are two places
that test '(if (version< emacs-version "26.1"...'. If I change that to
use "version<=", the problem goes away (I'm still running 26.1). I don't
know whether this is the right fix (the underlying problem may be a
quirk in my system, and this is just masking it).  I'm hesitant to
submit a patch unless someone else can replicate the problem.
The commit `d02ad1f207e1579aff8f36f740a065d71472c182` introduced the
use of `replace-buffer-contents` when available. This function was
introduced in emacs 26.1, hence the version tests.

There must be an issue with the `replace-buffer-contents` calls. Can
you call `trace-function` on `replace-buffer-contents` and trigger the
behaviour again to see what it returns ?

You said it also happens with `emacs -q`, right ? I'll try to see if I
can reproduce with emacs 26.1 tomorrow.

--
Sébastien Miquel