Re: [wip-cite-new] Initial implementation of `csl' citation processor

From: Timothy
Subject: Re: [wip-cite-new] Initial implementation of `csl' citation processor
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 01:54:18 +0800

> I wouldn't hold my breath.
>
> First, IIUC, there's no reason to force biblatex over natbib OOTB as
> both are widely in use. But, more importantly, "oc-csl" require the
> external Citeproc library, so it cannot be loaded by default. As
> a consequence, no default configuration can use it.

If you don't mind some follow-up questions.
+ I take it that natbib is used by default for LaTeX then? Is it fairly
  easy for the user to switch to biblatex?
+ With citeproc, I don't suppose something could be put behind a
  (featurep) switch to use oc-csl if citeproc is available, and fall
  back gracefully otherwise?

--
Timothy