Re: Bug: Double trailing slash for default candidate in org-refile-get-t

From: Gustavo Barros
Subject: Re: Bug: Double trailing slash for default candidate in org-refile-get-target [9.4 (9.4-7-g3eccc5-elpaplus @ /home/gustavo/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20200921/)]
Date: Sun, 23 May 2021 15:58:47 -0300

Hi Bhavin,

On Sun, 23 May 2021 at 15:05, Bhavin Gandhi <bhavin7392@gmail.com> wrote:

Finally after spending a couple of hours, I was able to understand the code
of org-refile-get-location \o/. The detailed bug report helped me to
understand the issue. I'm attaching a patch here which should fix the
problem, it has other details as well. I have tested a few basic scenarios
as mentioned in the report.

Thank you very much for working on this patch. I couldn't offer it myself (out of my legal bounds) and had gone as far as I was allowed to here, so I'm happy you took it from there.

The patch looks good to me, and corresponds to my analysis of the problem and suggested fix. I have only one minor nitpick: you could go with a simple `let' there, instead of a `let*', since we only have one let-bound variable there anyway.

About:

[...] it has other details as well.

As far as I could see, we are very much aligned on the problem and fix. But perhaps I'm missing something, could you elaborate on that?

Thanks again.

Best,
Gustavo.