Re: execute elisp link without prompt

From: Colin Baxter
Subject: Re: execute elisp link without prompt
Date: Fri, 21 May 2021 20:17:54 +0100

Dear Nicolas,

    > Hello, Colin Baxter <m43cap@yandex.com> writes:

    >> I have an elisp link of the form (without spaces, of course) [
    >> [elisp:(dired-other-window "/path/to/directory/") ][ Directory ]
    >> ].
    >>
    >> The link works with the directory in appearing in dired
    >> window. However, when I first click on the link, a dialog box is
    >> brought up asking me if a I wish to execute the command. Of
    >> course, I do - and I click 'Yes'.
    >>
    >> How can I go to link directly without being interrogated by the
    >> dialog box?

    > See org-link-elisp-confirm-function.

Thank you. I tried setting 'org-link-elisp-confirm-function' to y-or-n-p
as suggested by ol.el, but it gave me a dialog box, as before, which I
had to click. In the end I've set as to nil as a local variable:

#+begin_src elisp
eval: (set (make-local-variable 'org-link-elisp-confirm-function) nil)
#+end_src

The doc-string says it's risky when used as a local variable, but it
seems to work. The variable returns to the global default 'yes-or-no-p'
when the buffer is killed.

Best wishes,