Re: new org-contrib and straight.el

From: Greg Minshall
Subject: Re: new org-contrib and straight.el
Date: Thu, 20 May 2021 16:56:03 +0300

Nick,

> I've merged the develop branch into the master branch this morning,
> too.  So you should be able to reap that benefit on either branch, but
> I still recommend using the lockfiles to your advantage.

thanks again.

since "we" have you on the line, i wonder if i might impose on you and
ask if you might have any comment on the following:

using straight.el, i have not been getting the updated org-mode info
pages with my org package.  in preparing to answer you, i cobbled
together a possible recipe, that seems to give me the info pages.
----
 `(org :type git
       :repo "https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode.git";
       :local-repo "org"
       :depth full
       :pre-build ,(list
                    (concat
                     (when
                         (eq
                          system-type
                          'berkeley-unix) "g")
                     "make")
                    "autoloads"
                    "./doc/org.texi"
                    "./doc/orgguide.texi"
                    (concat "EMACS="
                            invocation-directory invocation-name)) :build (:not
autoloads)
       :files (:defaults "lisp/*.el" ("etc/styles/" "etc/styles/*")
"doc/*.texi"))
----

is there some better way to do this?  (i think someone else on this list
does get the info pages, but, iirc, without doing anything special.)

cheers, Greg

ps -- for anyone curious, i use it in my .emacs with
: (straight-use-package `(org...)
where i might normally have had
: (use-package org ...