Re: [wip-cite-new] Initial implementation of `biblatex' citation process

From: Denis Maier
Subject: Re: [wip-cite-new] Initial implementation of `biblatex' citation processor
Date: Thu, 20 May 2021 15:24:55 +0200

Am 20.05.2021 um 13:56 schrieb Bruce D'Arcus:
So backing up a bit, as I was getting confused, here's [1] one summary
of the different core biblatex commands.

- \cite [autocite=plain]: Citations are typeset as-is;
- \parencite [autocite=inline]: Citations are typeset in parentheses;
- \footcite [autocite=footnote]: Citations are typeset as footnotes;
- \supercite [autocite=superscript] (only available for the numeric
style family): Citations are typeset as superscripts.

Assuming that's correct, we're trying to sort out the relation between
those first two, and autocite; right?

I take that summary to mean this basic question can be handled by a
combination of autocite and export config; autocite=inline (or
autocite=footnote) as default export, but of course configurable?

Is that correct?

I think so, yes.

If yes, that seems straightforward; what's the problem we're trying to
solve beyond that?

Nothing really. The other things are merely additions...

Bruce

[1] https://tex.stackexchange.com/a/58592

Denis