Org-capture %K "Link to the currently clocked task" link with id?

From: Nathaniel W Griswold
Subject: Org-capture %K "Link to the currently clocked task" link with id?
Date: Wed, 19 May 2021 08:26:00 -0500

Looking at the source (org-capture.el), it appears org-capture doesn't allow
you to make a permalink for "Link to the currently clocked task", or %K in your
template.

`org-capture-fill-template` looks like this:

         (v-K (if (marker-buffer org-clock-marker)
                  (org-link-make-string
                   (format "%s::*%s"
                           (buffer-file-name (marker-buffer org-clock-marker))
                           v-k)
                   v-k)
                ""))

So i guess it's hardcoded to just make a bracket link.

I guess i can hack something, but can you guys make a nice change to the source
so that i can have a permalink to my clocked in task? Or is there something i'm
missing and i can actually do it already?

Thank you

Nate