Cross referencing in Emacs Org mode

From: Partha Pratim Ghosh
Subject: Cross referencing in Emacs Org mode
Date: Wed, 19 May 2021 00:25:08 +0200

Dear All,

Is it possible to have cross reference in LaTeX export for Org
mode. To be specific: I have a org file segmented into sections, say as
follows:

*** example of Org file, excluding the headers******

* Section 1
  contains some text, a label [label:label1].... and some citation [cite:cite1]

* Section 2
  contains some text, a label [label:label2] and a reference to label1
  as [ref:label1], and a reference to a label in Section 3, [ref:label3]

* Section 3
  contains some text, and label [label:label3]

\printbibliography

I did not include the headers where the bibliography files are properly
added. When I export the full buffer with C-c C-e l o everything runs
fine. However, whenever I go to Section 2, say and try to export using
C-c C-e C-s l o (for subtree export only), the bibliography does not
appear, and the reference to label1 or label3 does not appear.

Is it possible to have the labels properly referenced as well as the
bibliography printed when subtrees are only exported to pdf?

With my regards and all the very best wishes,

partha