Re: Bug: Moving org-inline-tasks produces error message [9.3.6 (9.3.6-el

From: Michael Dauer
Subject: Re: Bug: Moving org-inline-tasks produces error message [9.3.6 (9.3.6-elpa @ /home/c.hemminghaus/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.3.6/)]
Date: Fri, 14 May 2021 20:08:20 +0200

Hi,

Wouldn't it be the much better approach to change inline tasks so that the END line is one level below the "begin" line?

I did not think it through. But IMO it would make IT more compatible with normal org behavior, and also more visually appealing.

With the END notation it would still be unambiguous.

I'm aware that this change would have an impact on existing documents. But worth a simple migration command the improvement would be worth the little pain.

Regards,

Am Do., 13. Mai 2021 um 15:08 Uhr schrieb Bastien <bzg@gnu.org>:
Hi Christian,

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> Christian Hemminghaus <chrhemmi@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I ran into an error message while composing structured text with
>> org-mode using org-inline-tasks. The error appears when moving around
>> inline tasks in my document.
>
> yes, I confirm this bug.

Carsten proposed a patch that I adapted a little bit and pushed to the
maint branch.  We now throw an error saying that dragging inline tasks
is not supported.

Thanks,

--
 Bastien

--
Confidentiality Notice:This email and any attachments it may contain are
intended for the individual or entity above and may be confidential and