Re: (void-variable timestamp-up) when building an agenda buffer

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: (void-variable timestamp-up) when building an agenda buffer
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 19:06:24 +1000

Alan Schmitt <alan.schmitt@polytechnique.org> writes:

> [[PGP Signed Part:Undecided]]
> Hello,
>
> It seems the problem is deeper than that: I cannot use any code that
> uses =org-dlet=… I’m on emacs 27.2.
>
> I did a quick test with no configuration, so the problem seems to be in
> my config, but I’m cursious if this rings a bell for anyone.
>
> Thanks,

The type of error you appear to be seeing is common with a broken
install. In your config, are you installing org from orgmode.org or
melpa rather than just using the version bundled with Emacs 27.2? If so,
it is likely that you have a 'mixed' install. This can happen if org is
loaded when you try to install or update the org version. A common
problem is not realising that something in your init file is causing org
to be loaded during startup - then when you try to do a package update,
you get a broken build.

If your not installing org from a package, then it is likely something
else in your init file and unfortunately, you may have to do the painful
bisecting and debugging to find the cause.

--
Tim Cross