Re: [wip-cite-new] New natbib processor

From: Bruce D'Arcus
Subject: Re: [wip-cite-new] New natbib processor
Date: Fri, 7 May 2021 07:37:23 -0400

On Thu, May 6, 2021 at 8:37 AM Bruce D'Arcus <bdarcus@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 6, 2021 at 8:11 AM Nicolas Goaziou <mail@nicolasgoaziou.fr> wrote:

> > Did I say I don't like sub-styles already? :)
>
> What about a middle-ground, which would be a flat list of sub-styles, like:

Thinking about it more, some of the intricacies are likely specific to
author-date, and maybe note, styles.

Maybe it's fine to drop them.

There are pros and cons to each; sub-styles just moves some of the
less-common variants there, so the style list can be simpler.

With only styles, however, would probably want to add something like
these, with their possible shortcuts:

- Text (T)
- text-full (tf)
- Text-full (Tf)
- alt (-)
- may also need some alt variants; not sure ATM

Also not sure if additional are needed for the other styles; a "caps" default?

Bruce