Re: [wip-cite-new] New natbib processor

From: Bruce D'Arcus
Subject: Re: [wip-cite-new] New natbib processor
Date: Thu, 6 May 2021 08:37:29 -0400

Your other message, Nicolas, came in as I finished this, but I'll post
this anyway.

On Thu, May 6, 2021 at 8:11 AM Nicolas Goaziou <mail@nicolasgoaziou.fr> wrote:

> > I added the following to the wiki page, which I think addresses this:
> >
> > Note that `text/alt` would not make sense, as the sub-style in this case
> > would override the style.
>
> The first case means inheritance ignores sub-styles. Those are added as
> a second pass. The second case means anything with a sub-style is
> excluded from inheritance. Both make sense.
>
> Did I say I don't like sub-styles already? :)

What about a middle-ground, which would be a flat list of sub-styles, like:

- alt
- alt-caps
- alt-caps-full
- caps
- caps-full
- full

You still need to realize the "alt" options don't apply to the text
style, but this is at least simpler?

Bruce